The Picture Rail Hanging System
A Discreet Picture Hanging Solution
The Traditional Picture Rail System, as the name suggests, works with original or new timber rails as found in Victorian style homes. Modern design picture rail hooks fit over the wooden rail allowing you to hang artworks one under the other and move art around as required.
High quality picture rail hooks in solid brass or stainless steel, combined with stainless steel or unobtrusive clearline hangers will add a traditional look to your display and secure your artwork the way a modern system should. The improved design of the hooks positions the cable much closer to the wall, which means the pictures will sit at the proper angle rather than leaning too far forward as they do with old fashioned solutions. The brass hooks are clear coated to prevent tarnishing. Don’t forget to order the hooks to support the artwork.
To learn more about our hanging systems or to make an enquiry please get in touch with us today. If you would like to make a purchase, simply buy online or phone/email us to discuss your requirements. Fast delivery throughout Australia.
Need a custom solution? Get in touch with our team for a Custom Quote.
These are the basic components of the Picture Rail system:
Stainless Steel Picture Rail hook with choice of Clearline or Stainless Steel hangers, or Brass Picture Rail Hook with choice of Clearline or Stainless Steel hangers
Select the appropriate hooks for your choice of hanger
A range of accessories to give the perfect result
Everyone who has had anything to do with hanging the exhibition has raved about the ease with which your system worked plus the lighting. The latter also came from our audience to date plus some artists who have seen our website. So you have plenty of kudos there.– Peter Boyle, The Channon Gallery
Just a quick message to thank you for your superb service. We have received your fabulous track system in a super fast time Your service is greatly appreciated as we are now finalising the gallery walls. Looking forward to using your systems in the future!– Wayne, The Gentleman’s Apartment
At Dickerson Gallery we have been using The Gallery System for over 20 years. As a product it has evolved with our needs over that time. Because our gallery is located in a National Trust registered building with elaborate cornice work, we required an unobtrusive hanging system that would allow for rapid, “one person” changeovers of artworks. The Gallery System product allows us to do just that. We currently have the hanging track (in white) and we use the stylish stainless steel hangers and fittings to complement. This gives the display space a professional appearance and the product fits in so well with the space. It makes the gallery a flexible and easily worked space which is ideal.– Dickerson Gallery, Woollahra
The installer was so lovely and helpful today – thanks for organising so quickly, I really appreciated it!– Rebecca, Tigress Furniture
The hanging system is brilliant!– Peta Dixon (Slimline System, home use)
The Slimline track looks fantastic, it blends in beautifully with my white ceiling and cream walls.. In fact, I’ll have to draw the family’s attention to it or they might not notice. Your installer did a great job at setting the tracks flush with the cornices. I’m waiting until next week when I have more spare time to go berserk hanging pictures. Thanks again Lisa, I’m really pleased with the result.– Helen, Home use
The Gallery System was easy to install and looked fantastic! We transformed the space from nothing into a beautiful gallery in one day. The owners of Rawnsley Park Station were very impressed, so it made us look good too! The exhibition opening was awesome. Thank you!– Catherine Bourne, Visual Artist
Hi Lisa, I just wanted to say a big thank you again for helping me with my lighting set up. I love them. I have finally got around to taking a picture and have attached it for you so you can see the finished product.– Sarah Streets Studios, Brisbane
The Gallery System were responsible for providing the hanging system for the last St Joseph’s College Art Show. Lisa and her team from The Gallery System were very supportive throughout the process and Lisa’s professionalism and knowledge of the system was evident at every meeting. They demonstrated their ability to meet our specific needs and install a system to meet our specifications.– Donna, St Josephs College Art Show Committee
I just love my Gallery System and have it installed though out my home, studio, and gallery spaces. The Gallery System gives me flexibility to change up my hang at any time and store multiple works on a wall. Recently I launched a rug collection with Design Rugs Australia and at the opening exhibition event we even hung the rugs from the system. I even use the gallery system within my studio instead of an easel, this gives me the ability to work on multiple works at a time at any height/level I need depending on the work.– Lara Scolari Gallery, Balmain
We have had wonderful service from The Gallery System over many years and many hospital art projects from the very large to small, always with prompt supply and excellent pricing. The Slimline Track with security hooks has proved itself over and over. We trust the hanging of very valuable art works to their 1st class product.– Malcolm Cook, Health and Research Centre
We use couriers who deliver to all areas within Australia at a cost effective rate. The shipping cost will be displayed at checkout.
Where track is not required we generally use Australia Post.
You are also welcome to collect your order from our Sydney showroom by prior arrangement. If you would like to do this please phone through your order.
Note: Most orders will arrive within a few days of ordering depending on your area. Whilst we will re-send any order that does not arrive within a four week period we cannot be held responsible for late deliveries due to Australia Post or courier error within this timeframe.
Build Your System
Create your order following the 2 easy steps below
Options include Stainless Steel, Solid Brass, or Clearline Hangers.
Picture Rail Hangers – Solid Brass, Pack 5x2m
- Solid Brass with choice of Stainless Steel or Clearline Hanger.
- For traditional timber picture rails. Solid brass or stainless steel picture rail hooks give a traditional look but combine with our Stainless Steel hangers or our new unobtrusive Clearline hangers to function like a modern system.
- The design of the hook positions the cable close to the wall to ensure the picture sits at the proper angle rather than tilting forward as with old fashioned picture hooks. They are clear coated to prevent tarnishing.
- Don’t forget to order the hooks to attach your art to the hangers.
Solid Brass with
Stainless Steel Hanger
Solid Brass with
Picture Rail Hangers – Solid Stainless Steel, Pack 5x2m
- Solid Stainless Steel with choice of Stainless Steel or Clearline Hanger.
- For traditional timber picture rails. Solid stainless steel picture rail hooks give a traditional look but combine with Stainless Steel hangers or our new unobtrusive Clearline hangers to function like a modern system.
- The design of the hook positions the cable close to the wall to ensure the picture sits at the proper angle rather than tilting forward as with old fashioned picture hooks.
- Don’t forget to order the hooks to attach your art to the hangers.
Solid Stainless Steel with Stainless Steel Hanger
Solid Stainless Steel with Clearline Hanger
Options include Mini Hooks (allen key adjusted) or easy to Push button hooks.
Standard Push Button Hooks – 10 Pack
- The Standard Push-Button Hook suits the Stainless Steel Cable Hangers
- This hook is extremely popular due to it’s easy tool-free operation – you simply push the button on the top to move the hook to a new position on the hanger.
- Weight bearing capacity (on Gallery System cables): 20kg
Slimline Push Button Hooks – 10 Pack
- Easy to use tool-free operation. Simply push the button on top to move the hook to a new position.
- Each pack comes with 10 Push-Button Hooks.
- For use with Stainless Steel hangers only.
- Weight bearing capacity: 14kg
Standard Adjustable Hooks – 10 Pack
- Hooks are adjusted via an Allen Key (supplied with each pack with bright yellow hard to lose handle!)
- Weight bearing capacity: 20kg on Standard Gallery System cable hangers (note: max weight on Gallery System Clear Tape Hangers is 15kg).
- For use with Stainless Steel or Standard Gallery System Clear Tape Hangers only.
Slimline Mini Hooks – 10 Pack
- The Slimline Mini Hook (pack of 10) can be used with Slimline Clearline, Clear Tape and Stainless Steel Cable Hangers.
- The hook locks in place using the Allen key supplied in each pack.
- Weight bearing capacity: 14kg on Stainless Steel, 7kg on Clear Tape and 8kg on Clearline Hangers.
Push Button Hook for Clearline Hangers – 10 Pack
- Easy to use tool-free operation. Simply push the button on top to move the hook.
- For use with Clearline Hangers only.
- Weight bearing capacity: 6kg (12kg using two hangers)
A range of accessories to give that perfect end result.
Hang Right Clips
These clips screw to the top of the frame to solve the problem of some pictures leaning too far forward. They secure the hanger to the top of the frame. Sold in packs of 10.
Medium One hole “D” rings. Framing accessory for back of artwork.
Bump Dots – Pack 50
Protect your walls and help pictures sit correctly with these thick black felt self adhesive bump dots. 15mm
Foamcore Board Hangers – Pack 100
An ideal way to hang unframed artwork on foam core or corrugated board which is at least 1/4 inch thick. Great for schools and hanging kids artwork at home. Compatible with any of our hooks. They have sharp metal prongs that press into the back of the work, so again it’s important to use them only in situations where that’s not going to damage anything precious. But they do add invisible hanging points and have a specified capacity of 400g with one hanger or 800g with two. Place near the top of the artwork.
Hangsell tabs – Pack 10
Hangsell Tabs make hanging art on cardboard quick and easy on any of our systems. They’re easy to use, simply stick the self-adhesive tabs onto the product and hang on a hook. They can hold up to 390g. Each tab measures 41x31mm. There are 50 clear tabs in the pack. Ideal for schools to hang kids artwork on the system.
Through our shipping partners we offer the fastest shipping available Australia Wide.
We offer a quality product at the very best price
Gallery Systems have been manufacturing in Australia for over 30 years
Your security online is important to us. We use only trusted payment gateways: ANZ Merchant Facility, PayPal, AfterPay